- You are Here:
- Useful Information
The following is a very brief Q&A of The FA & FIFA Regulations, for a more detailed
analysis please consider the Full Regulations.
Use of Agents
- Is a Player or Club required to instruct an Agent in negotiations? No
- If a Player or Club intends to use an Agent, must that Agent be an
Young Football Players
- Can an Agent approach Players under the age of 16 years? No
- Can an Agent sign up a Player between 16 years and 18 years without the written contract
countersigned by the Player’s parent or guardian? No
- Does an Agent need to have a written contract before any representation of a Player or Club? Yes
- Does that contract need to be signed by the parties and registered with the FA within 5 days of signing? Yes
- Before signing a contract, must a Player be given a reasonable opportunity to seek independent
legal advice? Yes
- Can Agents offer any inducements to Players as an incentive to sign? No
- Is the maximum duration of a Player’s contract with an Agent 2 years? Yes
- Can this contract be renewed by mutual consent? Yes
Avoid Conflicts of Interest
- Can an Agent act for both Player and Club in the negotiations? Yes under certain circumstances.
- Can an Agent act for a “new” Club in relation to a Player if the Agent acted for the Player within the previous 2 transfer widows? No as this is designed to prevent switching.
- Can an Agent acting for a Club involving a Player act for the same Player in the next contract involving that Player or for a period of two transfer windows? No as this is designed to prevent shadowing.
Payments to Agents
- Do payments on behalf of the Club to an Agent have to be made direct to The FA with supporting documentation? Yes
- Does an Agent have to notify The FA of all payments received or made within 5 days of completing the work? Yes
- Can an Agent acting for Players only be paid by the Player? Yes, but Clubs may pay on behalf of the Player providing it is deducted from the Player’s wages.
If you need any information about us contact us now!